How to Send, Receive and withdraw M- Pesa
ROAMING CASH-OUT CUSTOMER JOURNEY
This is an extension of the existing IMT service in the Tanzania - Kenya corridor. Vodacom in partnership with Safaricom brought to you roaming cash-out service were Safaricom M-Pesa customer can cash-out when in Tanzania using his/her Safaricom M-Pesa account. The aim of this service is basically to allow Safaricom Kenya customers who are roaming in Tanzania to cash out at Vodacom M-Pesa agent in local currency directly from their M-Pesa wallets. Customer will have to Opt-in Roaming service then follow the below menu to use the service.
For a New Customer:
How to Opt-in to M-Pesa Global Service.
- 1. Dial *840#
- 2. Enter physical address Eg. Safaricom house, Waiyak way.
- 3. Accept Terms and Conditions.
- 4. Enter M-Pesa PIN to authenticate users.
- 5. Customer receives notification message from Safaricom for successful opting in.
How to withdraw to M-Pesa Agent when Roaming in Tanzania.
- 1. Dial the USSD Code *840#.
- 2. Select Roaming Cash out
- 3. Select Tanzania
- 4. Enter the Agent Number
- 5. Then enter amount to withdraw “Kenyan Shillings”. M-Pesa will calculate for you the exchange rate and amount in Tanzania Shillings.
- 6. Confirm detail of transaction by “Accept/ Decline”.
- 7. Enter M-Pesa PIN and confirm the transaction.
- 8. You will receive a Confirmation SMS.