Tanzania to Kenya, Pesa ni M-Pesa
International Money Transfer
- How to transfer Money Internationally
- What are the Benefits of this service?
- What are the Fees associated with this service?
- Roaming CASH-OUT (International Withdraw)
How to transfer Money internationally
Vodacom Tanzania Customer
- 1. Dial *150*00# or use the M-Pesa app and select Send Money
- 2. Select to M-Pesa Kenya
- 3. Select send money (Check currency conversion before sending)
- 4. Please enter destination number (start with 254…)
- 5. Enter amount in Tanzanian shillings
- 6. Enter your M-Pesa PIN and confirm transaction
Safaricom Kenya customer
- 1. Go to Safaricom M-Pesa menu
- 2. Select “Lipa na M-Pesa” “Pay with M-Pesa”
- 3. Select Pay bill and enter Pay bill no 255255
- 4. Enter recipient’s Vodacom number in the format 2557XXXXX
- 5. Enter amount in Kenyan shillings
- 6. Enter your M-Pesa PIN to complete transaction
How to Send Money Mtn Uganda
- 1. Dial *150*00#
- 2. Select 1 Send Money
- 3. Select 3 International Transfers
- 4. Select 2 MTN Uganda
- 5. Select 1 Send Money
- 6. Enter phone number (starting with 256…):
- 7. Enter reason ( Family, Business or Pay School fees)
- 8. Enter amount in Tanzania shillings:
- 9. Enter PIN
- 10. Confirm
Check currency conversion
- 1. Select 1 Send Money
- 2. Select 3 International Transfers
- 3. Select 2 MTN Uganda
- 4. Select 2 check currency conversion
- 5. Enter amount in Uganda shillings
- 6. XXX UGX, XXXX Tsh . xx Tsh / 1UGX Press 1 to start Transaction 2 to return
What are the Benefits of this service?
- It’s Convenient: You don’t need to walk to a bank, bus stations or to an agent to send money to Kenya. Send money at your convenience by using your mobile phone at any place and time.
- It’s Affordable: It has cheaper rates compared to other channels of sending money.
- It’s safe: Funds are sent directly into the recipient’s Safaricom M-Pesa account.
- It’s secure: M-Pesa is a more secure way of sending money compared to other traditional ways like buses or cargo trucks.
- Its fast: The recipient in Kenya receives his/her funds instantly and in Kenyan shillings.
- It’s seamless: There is no need for a recipient in Kenya to go to a currency exchange office since funds are received in Kenyan shillings.
What are the Fees associated with this service?
The fees for sending money to Kenya are similar to those of sending money locally, thus making M-Pesa the most affordable channel of sending money to Kenya.
Roaming CASH-OUT customer journey
ROAMING CASH-OUT CUSTOMER JOURNEY
This is an extension of the existing IMT service in the Tanzania - Kenya corridor. Vodacom in partnership with Safaricom brought to you roaming cash-out service were Safaricom M-Pesa customer can cash-out when in Tanzania using his/her Safaricom M-Pesa account. The aim of this service is basically to allow Safaricom Kenya customers who are roaming in Tanzania to cash out at Vodacom M-Pesa agent in local currency directly from their M-Pesa wallets. Customer will have to Opt-in Roaming service then follow the below menu to use the service.
For a New Customer:
How to Opt-in to M-Pesa Global Service.
- 1. Dial *840#
- 2. Enter physical address Eg. Safaricom house, Waiyak way.
- 3. Accept Terms and Conditions.
- 4. Enter M-Pesa PIN to authenticate users.
- 5. Customer receives notification message from Safaricom for successful opting in.
How to withdraw to M-Pesa Agent when Roaming in Tanzania.
- 1. Dial the USSD Code *840#.
- 2. Select Roaming Cash out
- 3. Select Tanzania
- 4. Enter the Agent Number
- 5. Then enter amount to withdraw “Kenyan Shillings”. M-Pesa will calculate for you the exchange rate and amount in Tanzania Shillings.
- 6. Confirm detail of transaction by “Accept/ Decline”.
- 7. Enter M-Pesa PIN and confirm the transaction.
- 8. You will receive a Confirmation SMS.
Vodacom in Partnership with Money Gram enables you to receive Money from across the World through a wide Global network of over 350,000 MoneyGram agents from over 200 countries Worldwide. All the sender needs to do is visit any of MoneyGram agent outlets, give the amount they wish to send in the currency of that country. The sender will give MoneyGram agent your M-Pesa phone number and the money will be sent by the agent directly into your M-Pesa wallet and you can immediately start to benefit from the convenience of M-Pesa from any part of Tanzania. For more information on how your family or friends can send you money through MoneyGram visit http://global.moneygram.com/en/send-to-a-mobile-wallet
Through a partnership with Juba Express, you can now receive money from your family or friends in Australia, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Sweden, U.A.E, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia, DR Congo and South Sudan. Juba Express offers a safe and convenient Money transfer service in which money comes directly into your M-Pesa wallet and you can immediately use it for payments, transfers etc. For more information on how you can receive money internationally through Juba Express visit www.jubaexpress.com