The SIM card registration process have been made easy;
Before you use your SIM Card your number need to be biometrically registered, all you need is to visit any Vodacom shop or Registration agents with your National identification or National ID number or Passport for foreigners.
Below are the easy procedure to be biometrically registered per category:-
A. SIM Card Registrations for individual
- Visit Vodacom shop or registration agents with your National ID number or passport for foreigner with no National ID
- SIM registration agent will capture your National Identification Number or passport and scan your finger print.
- You will receive notification when number is updated with biometric registration
Note: National Identification/ National Identification number and passport for foreigners are the only approved ID to be used on SIM card registrations for individuals
B. SIM Card Registrations under Company
- A company shall present valid certified copy of TIN Certificate, Business License & Certificate of Incorporation/Compliance or certificate of registration.
- The company representative shall present his/her NIDA ID
- The Company shall present the introduction letter approving the representative and the usage of the SIM card.
- The SIM card shall bear the name of the company
- Company shall notify Vodacom for any changes of the representation
C. SIM Card Registrations under Institution
- The institution representative shall be required to present introduction letter of the respective institution;
- The institution representative shall be required to his/her NIDA identity number which will be used for biometric verification
- The registered SIM Card shall bear the name of institution
D. SIM Card Registrations for Visitors
“Visitor” means a non-citizen who is not a diplomat and intends to stay in the United Republic for a period of not more than four (4) months
- Visitor shall be required to present certified copies of valid passports with valid visa;
- visa exempt visitors shall be required to present a certified copy of valid passport;
- Finger prints of the foreigner will be taken for verification with the immigration
- Registered SIM Card shall bear the name of the visitor;
E. SIM Card Registrations for Foreigner
“Foreigner” means a non-citizen who is not a diplomat staying in the country for a period of more than six (6) months;
- Foreigners shall be required to present NIDA identity.
- Finger print of the foreigner will be taken to verify against NIDA
- Registered SIM Card shall bear the name of the foreigner;
F. SIM Card Registrations for Diplomat
- The diplomat shall be required to present his certified copies of valid passport and valid diplomatic identity for SIM Card registration;
- No fingerprint shall be taken during SIM Card registration;
- Diplomatic Institution shall present the introduction letter from the Institution. Also shall present copies of certified valid passport and valid diplomatic ID from the diplomatic institution representative for a batch of SIM cards registration.
G. SIM Card Registrations for refugee
- Refugees shall be required to present NIDA identity;.
- Service provider shall conduct fingerprint verification of a refugee with NIDA for biometric SIM Card registration;
- The service provider shall keep details of the refugee; and registered SIM Card shall bear the name of the refugee
Make sure you are using number that have been biometric register by dialing *106#.
Thank you for choosing Vodacom.